Decorative film and decorative glass are popular in both commercial and home settings. The main reason is how versatile they can make a space. You can add elements of privacy, decor or branding without making a space feel enclosed. It is easy to see why these products are being used more frequently as commercial and home spaces are being reimagined. With that said, is there a benefit to using either decorative film or a custom glass panel? In our opinion, decorative films are a superior option and this article gives 5 reasons we feel that to be the case.
- Retrofittable to Existing Glass – You can avoid the excessive cost of removing your existing glass and replacing it with a custom glass panel as decorative film can be applied to the existing glass panel in most cases.
- Cost – Even basic custom glass panels can get costly. However, decorative glass films allow you to implement much more intricate and involved designs at a fraction of what having a custom piece of glass would cost.
- Reversible – If the needs of a space change and you would like to remove the decorative element, the decorative film can simply be removed. With a custom glass panel, you would need to order a new piece of glass and have it installed.
- Nearly Unlimited Options – Unlike actual custom glass, designs using decorative glass film are limited nearly by only your imagination. Through the use of potter cut film or custom printing, your dreams can truly become reality.
- Easier to Clean – When the actual glass panel is customized to give a frosted or sand blasted look, it creates a rough surface in the glass. This surface attracts dust, oil from people’s hand, etc and begins to look dirty over time. As the dirt becomes embedded in the surface, it becomes harder to remove it completely and keep the decorative panel looking clean. On the other hand, designs utilizing decorative glass films are easily cleaned so that they continue to look as good as the day they were installed.
We hope that this brief article gave you some compelling reasons why a decorative film might be a better option that custom glass panels. If you would like more information on these innovative and versatile films, click HERE. If you have any questions or would like to arrange for a free, no obligation consultation of your project, contact us today at (828) 274-0300 for the North Carolina Location, (864) 527-5997 for the South Carolina Location, or (423) 282-0189 for the Tennessee Location.